On September 22, 2016, OpenStack Days Nordic is arranged for the first time. The event, which takes place in Stockholm, is gathering the Nordic OpenStack community for a day filled with keynotes, success stories and networking opportunities. OpenStack is an open source-based software platform for private and public clouds, and can be compared to an operating system for the cloud. There is a large developer community behind OpenStack, a community that is gathered under The OpenStack Foundation which is backed and supported by a majority of all the major hardware and software companies in the world.
– It’s inspiring to see the growing number of European organizations embracing public, hybrid and private clouds based on OpenStack, said Jonathan Bryce, executive director of the OpenStack Foundation. Many Nordic, and especially Swedish, organizations have created global footprints through the use of OpenStack. We look forward to discussing new and innovative ways to help the Nordic community use OpenStack to embrace the shift to open source cloud across Europe.
OpenStack Days is a global event organized by members of the OpenStack community. The seminar in Stockholm gathers OpenStack enthusiasts from different industries and will give the participants insights into the development of OpenStack, user examples with security and privacy aspects. On stage there will be speakers such as:
- Jonathan Bryce, executive director of the OpenStack Foundation.
- Jan Van Eldik, data center manager at CERN, the world’s largest particle physics laboratory.
- Thierry Carrez, head of development at the OpenStack Foundation and chairman of the Foundation’s technical committee.
Swedish IaaS provider and OpenStack pioneer, City Network and op5 are the initiators and organizers of the first OpenStack Days Nordic.
– We are looking forward to, for the first time, meet with the collective Nordic crowd of OpenStack enthusiasts and learn even more about the cloud platform for the future, says Johan Christenson, CEO and founder of City Network. There is a great interest in the event, and we hope to gather about 300 people. In our region, we are great at developing and deploying cloud services based on OpenStack. Through this event we want to inspire even more companies and organizations to realize the benefits and start developing on the platform.
In addition to City Network and op5, the following companies are participating to make this event possible; SUSE, Canonical, Arista, Layer-8, Elastx, Rackspace, Cybercom, IPnett, Sandisk, Nexenta, Nordic Frames, IDG Rekrytering & Ledarskap, DEK Technonoligies, SICS, Aptira and Beta Cloud.
The all-day seminar takes place at the Brewery in Stockholm on September 22, 2016, at 8:00 to 17:00. For detailed program and tickets, please see http://openstacknordic.org.
For media: Are you interested in participating in the event or to schedule an interview, please contact email@example.com or +46 708-33 02 10.
About the development for OpenStack
OpenStack® is the most widely deployed open source software for building clouds. In use globally at large and small enterprises, telecoms, service providers, and government/research agencies, OpenStack is a technology integration engine that supports the diverse ecosystem of cloud computing innovation. Fifty percent of all companies on the US Fortune 100 list have deployed OpenStack. Cloud services that are hosted on the platform is one of the fastest growing areas in IT. Analyst firm 451 Research and their analyst Al Sadowski estimated that the turnover from services developed on OpenStack was 1.32 billion USD in 2015. Until 2018 an annual growth rate of 31 percent is projected with an estimated turnover of 3.37 billion USD in 2018*. For more information about OpenStack and OpenStack Foundation, please visit https://www.openstack.org.